Winning Hearts and Minds with Biometrics: How Formula 1 Has Used Biometric Technology to Optimize Fan Engagement
Room 2 | 4:15-4:45 | Tuesday, February 12, 2019
In this presentation, Populus and Formula 1 (F1) present their findings from the world’s first-ever in-home biometric survey.
This pioneering technololgy allows brands and agencies to track real-time engagement with content through a methodology that could eliminate post-rationalization of responses.
Together, Populus and F1 present the technique, results and implications of this groundbreaking technology that delivers in-the-moment, implicit responses, which can be used to optimize content.
- Data integration/big data
- Behavioral economics
- Storytelling/data interpretation
- Industry trends – future of marketing research
- Emotional measurement (neuroscience/eye-tracking)
- New techniques – qualitative and quantitative
- The application of in-home biometric surveys delivers qualitative insight at quantitative scales and the benefits of capturing non-obtrusive in-the-moment implicit responses at scale and how it can be used to optimize engagement.
- The benefits of the technology in comparison to other methods, e.g., Populus overlaid reported responses in combination with responses captured by biometrics, allowing us to effectively compare reported responses with implicit responses.
- The future of research is one which combines touch and technology. The use of this technology is to our knowledge a world first, so delegates will leave with an understanding of the approach used, outcomes as a result and implications for the industry.