Market Research in the Age of Content Marketing
Content marketing is exploding. Prior to 2012, it was barely on most marketers’ radar. However, in just four years, 88 percent of B2B marketers have adopted content marketing as part of their market strategy. A key reason for its growing popularity is that content marketing positively affects organic search (SEO). It also helps brands to position themselves as thought leaders in their industry.
Content developed to help elevate search rankings and Web traffic can appear to be redundant and unoriginal. The challenge is for brands to generate fresh content that is compelling and that draws audience attention so they want more. Furthermore, brands are competing in a crowded marketplace. There are 54.2 million blog posts written monthly on WordPress and 30 billion pieces of content are shared on Facebook monthly. And, it’s not just brands that are competing for consumer’s attention, but other consumers’ personal posts about their latest vacations, baby pictures and restaurant reviews. This is where market research plays an important role in the content marketing revolution.
Leveraging market research content can make a huge impact, driving Web traffic, audience engagement, SEO and lead generation. I will discuss the steps, as well as present a case study that demonstrates how to successfully integrate marketing research with content marketing initiatives.
- Best Practice Workshop
- Storytelling/data interpretation
- Industry trends – future of marketing research
- New techniques – qualitative and quantitative
- Research for PR purposes is much more complicated than it was a few years ago.
- The value of research for content marketing purposes is huge and much greater than it was previously.
- Easy steps to integrate research for content marketing purposes.